Anne Boleyn Quotes | Quotes by Anne Boleyn
1O Lord have mercy on me, to God I commend my soul.
2O Death, rock me asleep, bring me to quiet rest, let pass my weary guiltless ghost out of my careful breast.
3The executioner is, I believe, very expert; and my neck is very slender
4Remember me when you do pray that hope doth lead from day to day.
5King has absolute power. And what he has given he can taken away.
6From a private gentlewoman you have made me first a marchioness, then a queen; and, as you can raise me no higher in the world, you are now sending me to be a saint in Heaven.
7To Jesus Christ I commend my soul; Lord Jesus receive my soul.
8If it ever lay in my power, I will work the Cardinal as much displeasure as he has done to me.
9Good Christian people, I am come hither to die, for according to the law, and by the law I am judged to die, and therefore I will speak nothing against it. I am come hither to accuse no man, nor to speak anything of that, whereof I am accused and condemned to die.
10If any person should meddle with my cause, I require them to judge the best'.
11And thus I take my leave of the world and of you all, and I heartily desire you all to pray for me.
12The king has been very good to me. He promoted me from a simple maid to be a marchioness. Then he raised me to be a queen. Now he will raise me to be a martyr.
- Anne Bradstreet Quotes
- Anne Bronte Quotes
- Anne Grant Quotes
- Anne O'Hare McCormick Quotes
- Anne Royall Quotes
- Anne Sullivan Macy Quotes
- Anne-Robert-Jacques Turgot, Baron de Laune Quotes
- Anne-Therese de Marguenat de Courcelles Quotes
- Annie Besant Quotes
- Annie Fellows Johnston Quotes
- Annie Oakley Quotes
- Antal Szerb Quotes
- G. Campbell Morgan Quotes
- Madeleine de Scudery Quotes
- Madame de Stael Quotes
- Qiu Jin Quotes
- Vance Palmer Quotes
- Abdelkader El Djezairi Quotes
- Adelaide Anne Procter Quotes
- Adolphe Thiers Quotes
- Alexander Alekhine Quotes
- Alexander von Humboldt Quotes
- Alexei Nikolaevich, Tsarevich of Russia Quotes
- Alfred de Vigny Quotes
- Alfred Harmsworth, 1st Viscount Northcliffe Quotes
- Alfred Stieglitz Quotes
- Alice Bailey Quotes